HHWMH Logo

High Wych Memorial Hall

Registered Charity No: 302395
Home
Hall Facilities
200 Club
Hire the Hall
Clubs and Classes
History and Archive
Contact Us


















Click here to return to top of the page.




































Click here to return to top of the page.




































Click here to return to top of the page.

NEW
Memory
Box
1922
to
1939
The
War Years
1946
to
1970
1950's
Youth
 1965 
1970
to
1974
 1977 
Photograph
Album

Photograph Album

HWMH 1923
This rather grainy picture is the earliest photgraph of High Wych Memorial Hall that we have found. It originally appeared in the Herts and Essex Observer in 1923!

Plaque to Men of High WychPlaque to Henry Frank Johnson
These two plaques are sited either side of the main entrance to the Hall and give us a couple of clues as to the origins behind the building of the Hall.

Below are some photographs taken of the Hall just before and during the extension work that took place in 1972/1973.
(Photographs taken by H Henshall of 14 Falconers Park, Sawbridgeworth, Herts.)
Exterior of HWMH December 1972Front exterior of HWMH
The front of High Wych Memorial Hall
December 1972.

Rear of HWMH December 1972




The side of High Wych Memorial Hall
December 1972







Stage and Rear Entrance January 1973Front entrance
            Looking towards the stage.                Looking towards the main entrance.                     
Kitchen area



The Kitchen area prior to renovation.







Exterior constructionExterior construction February 1973
Exterior construction well underway in January/February 1973.

Completed Hall August 1973Order of Service for dedication of Hall
The completed extension to the Hall August 1973.       Rededication and official
                                                                                            opening took place                                                                                            24th October 1974